The Habitat for Humanity of Texarkana Home Repair Program is part of a nationwide effort through Habitat for Humanity to help low income homeowners maintain the exterior of their homes. This program is part of Habitat for Humanity International’s broader community development strategy. Groups of volunteers work alongside the homeowner to revitalize their home. Our Home Repair Program allows low-income homeowners to live independently by making home repairs affordable.
Homeowners are selected based on:
- Applicant must be elderly (over the age of 65), disabled or a U.S. Military Veteran with Honorable and General
Under Honorable Conditions-Discharges.
- Own and reside in the home for which repair is requested
- Residence needing repairs must be located in Miller or Bowie Counties’ service area.
- Demonstrate the ability to pay the fee of the total cost of repair when applicable
Qualifying homeowners partner with us to externally rehab their homes, which have fallen into disrepair, and often into code citations, loss of homeowners insurance, loss of equity, and ultimately could face mortgage foreclosure. Projects range from minor scrape-and-paint work to full exterior rehabs, including roof replacements. Following repairs, these Habitat families have safer, more accessible, healthier, energy-efficient, and/or more secure homes.
- Applicants must own the home where the repairs will be made.
- Applicants must occupy the home as their primary residence.
- Applicants must be current on all property taxes.
- Residence needing repairs must be located in our Bowie County service area.
- Applicants receiving repair services must be present during the repair work and participate as able.
- Household income must be below 10% to 80% of the Median Family Income.
Willingness to Partner
To Download our Repair Program Forms